Economic Development Corporation
For Your Business:
- With an effective tax rate of $.99 it is no wonder companies like Bechtel
Power and BioWhittaker call Frederick County home. Click
here for tax rate specifics.
- Our regional labor force, within 40 miles, enables new businesses to
recruit qualified employees and affords existing companies plenty of options
as they grow and expand. Click
here for additional labor force information.
- Frederick County has an award winning public education system that has
over 35,000 students enrolled in the 1999-00 school year. Click
here for additional education information.
- To support the pro-business climate, Frederick County has a number of
business incentive programs:
- Fast Track permitting
- Alliance Business Loan Program
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- Industrial Development Bonds (IRB) Click
here additional business incentive information.
- Our strategic location provides access to the regional labor force, but
navigating via air, rail or interstate is also any easy task. With I-70 and
I-270 providing access to Baltimore, Washington and western destinations. Click
here for additional transportation information and maps.
- Oh ... by the way ... did we mention that our quality of life is
for more from EDC
& Services Menu